Professional Advisors—Our Valued Valley Giving Partners
“As a CPA, I’m well aware of the power of charitable giving. Charities benefit and so do donors.”
Charity receives Donor receives
$100K cash 40-50% tax benefit
$100K appreciated securities 60% tax benefit
$100K Charitable Remainder Trust Tax benefit greater than gift itself
William Wolf, MBA, CPA
Managing Partner, Squar Milner
Treasurer, Board of Directors,
Community Foundation of the Valleys
Benefits to Professional Advisors
- We help you to guide your clients in making educated philanthropic choices to “Give Back, Give Local.”
- We fully respect your established relationships with clients.
- We are your “Give Back, Give Local” philanthropy experts.
- We intimately understand local, social needs and what Valley Giving nonprofits will offer your clients maximum impact for funds donated to preferred “Give Back, Give Local” causes.
- The Community Foundation of the Valleys has formed a collaborative partnership with the California Community Foundation, founded in 1915. As the oldest community foundation in Southern California, the California Community Foundation offers us direct access to many benefits, including its 100-year-old track record of funding beneficial social change. This partnership also allows us to minimize all our administrative costs and pass these savings on to our donors.
- Most importantly, Community Foundation of the Valleys pools all its charitable funds with the more than $1.5 billion assets of the California Community Foundation, facilitating maximum economies of scale simply not available to local donors anywhere else.
- Depending on the size of the fund, you may retain the assets under management.
- Because Community Foundation of the Valleys is a 501(3)(c) public charity, we are able to provide your clients and our donors with maximum tax benefits.
We offer a variety of popular charitable fund options, including:
With a minimum commitment of $10,000, your clients can create a named Valley Giving Fund to support “Give Back, Give Local” causes in perpetuity.
Donor-Advised Funds (DAFs)
Donor-Advised Funds (DAF) direct funds to any qualified U.S. nonprofit. Depending on your client’s wishes, such DAF funds can be invested, expendable, or endowed. Depending on the size of the DAF, wealth managers may continue investment oversight. Otherwise, wealth managers who pool their clients’ investments with California Community Foundation’s $1.5 billion will get to take advantage of tremendous economies of scale through our agency agreement.
Community Foundation of the Valleys will help you customize a “Give Back, Give Local” charitable plan and create a Valley Giving LegacyTM for your client.
Charitable Gift Annuities (CGAs)
- Community Foundation of the Valleys offers Charitable Gift Annuities through our agreement with the California Community Foundation. We can assist your client in designing a charitable gift annuity that would directly benefit both “Give Back, Give Local” causes and Community Foundation of the Valleys itself.
- If your client is 65 or older, he or she will receive a fixed-rate annual annuity dividend as well as a tax deduction. Please talk to us about current rate information.
- Charitable Gift Annuities benefit a donor, while still living, who needs to gain income from an asset to cover expenses. These donors also want to give to their favorite nonprofit during their lifetime.
For more information on our Charitable Gift Annuities, please call (818) 377-6386 or email us at info@ValleyGiving.org.
Giving Complex Assets
- We readily accept a wide variety of complex assets and provide a comprehensive portfolio of corresponding services.
- We can assist your clients with international grantmaking opportunities.
- We offer customized, local solutions that include all types of charitable trust options to support client-preferred “Give Back, Give Local” causes.
- Stay tuned for our 2018 updates.
Additional Valley Giving Resources
For more information on all our Valley Giving Fund Types, Valley Giving Nonprofit Grantmaking, and Valley Giving Nonprofit Ongoing Education, please call (818) 377-6386 or email us at info@ValleyGiving.org.
Online Valley Giving Legacy™ Tools
Available through affiliates.
Create Your Valley Giving Legacy Today
Create your Valley Giving Legacy in THREE easy steps:
- Visit our website, call us at 818-377-6386, or send an email to donate@ValleyGiving.org to tell us about your preferred “Give Back, Give Local” causes. You can also ask us for recommendations based on your interests.
- Speak with your Valley Giving Legacy philanthropic advisor who will help you to optimize your charitable giving and maximize your personal financial benefits.
- Sit back, feel great, and enjoy the role you’ve played in creating meaningful social change in your valley community.